What is a Physical Therapist?
Physical therapists are licensed health care professionals who work with patients to reduce pain and improve or restore mobility. They specialize in musculoskeletal and neuromuscular injuries. The initial visit is designed to evaluate and identify the underlying cause of the injury. From there, a treatment plan is recommended that may include stretching and strengthening exercises to address pain, swelling and inflammation. At Therapy Solutions, extensive patient education is provided to encourage involvement and to promote injury prevention.
Physical Therapy Services Offered:
- Physical Therapy consultation
- Intervention and Rehabilitation
Prevention Services of the Following Conditions:
- Stroke and neurological rehabilitation
- Balance training and fall prevention
- Patients with generalized weakness following recent hospitalization/illness
- Amputation rehabilitation
- Arthritis pain management
- Postural education
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
A Physical Therapist will develop a treatment program unique to each individual to help decrease deficits and restore function, education about the cause of the problem, and instruction in exercises to improve function.
- Range of motion
- Body mechanics
- General mobility (walking, stair climbing, getting in and out of bed or chairs)
- Adjusting the home environment for safety
Ensuring that patients are aware of new precautions that should be taken
Teaching patients a home exercise program