After graduating with my tiny class of fourteen from high school, I decided community college would be the best place for me to decide on a future path. I originally started taking classes toward an engineering major, and quickly realized after I received my worst grade of all time that manipulating objects on a computer screen was not for me. When I did decide to pursue speech-language pathology, I originally wanted to work with children in the school system. My perspective completely changed when I was an intern here at Therapy Solutions last summer (2018) where I decided helping adults was just as exciting and rewarding.
I graduated with my Master’s of Science in Speech-language pathology in December 2018 and Petoskey became my new home in February 2019. In my free time, I enjoy rock hunting, exploring new trails, and taking too long of naps. I am thrilled to be working in such a positive and uplifting environment. The nervous system and neuroplasticity continue to fascinate me and I am inspired by each client’s journey.
I graduated as a Speech-Language Pathologist in May of 2013. I had an opportunity as a young high school student to observe with a local Speech-Language Pathologist at our small community hospital. From the moment my mentor explained what it was really like to be a Speech-Language Pathologist I knew that was what I wanted to do too! I received my BS from Eastern Michigan University in December of 2010 and had decided that I would continue and finish my MA at EMU.
After graduation my husband and I moved to a rural community in Northwest Wisconsin where I had vast opportunities from working with young children in our outpatient department to working the aging population on the inpatient side of the hospital. After some time, my husband and I found ourselves longing to move back home closer to family and we were so happy to find our home here in Northern Michigan.
I live in Petoskey with my husband and toddler. We love this community and look forward to raising our small family here.
- Rusk County Memorial Hospital Ladysmith, Wisconsin (Inpatient, Swing Bed Rehabilitation and Outpatient services)
- Munson Home Health Greater Traverse City Area
- McLaren Northern Michigan Petoskey, Michigan (Inpatient and Acute Rehabilitation)
- Boulder Park Terrace Charlevoix, Michigan (Sub-acute Rehabilitation)
- Bay Bluffs Harbor Springs, Michigan (Sub-acute Rehabilitation)
Certifications and Member of:
- Registered Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile Clinician
- Clinical Certificate of Competency with American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)